Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Before i do next update on my tool want
Before i do next update on my tool want

1952 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-08 00:46:38

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    FAD
    2015-09-06 02:40:54

Want anyone/ autel advice before i update my tool to latest software ,i want to know if updating it now hope it will not affect my initial software as i have no problem with it now also i want to know if copying from sd card of 32gb to another sd card of same capacity hope it {the initial 32gb}will not be affected?i want to know this before i move ahead doing this so it wont affect my system cos i do not want to experienced what i encountered on it in  March

thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-07 23:33:37 (Reply to:FAD)

I  think if  you copy the SD card to a  folder on your PC , then copy it to another new SD card , and the new SD card works without issue, then just save the older SD card as your backup software . I'm not sure though,  if after your software subscription is renewed though  and you updated the system software and vehicle makes on the newer card with a new one year  subscription and then decide after the fact to roll back to the older card you made under the old software subscription period, I'm not sure if  your register password gets changed with the new update subscription and then find older software card may  will no longer work in it  . If I decided to buy another year of updates , after purchasing a new subscription and verifying new expiration date and doing a system update. I would hold off updating any  vehicle makes until I copied the SD card with older software to PC folder after the newer system update done  to the card, then I would update all the vehicle makes on the SD card.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-08 00:46:38 (Reply to:FAD)

Hi, Witsend's way of backup software is correct. And kingly be noted that register password together with the S/N of the device will not change all the time even with the new update subscription. Thanks!
  Total1 Pages